Thursday, April 12, 2012

We've had better days

We just thought Mike would be taking shot #7 today....not so fast! Looks like shot #7 and #8 are on hold for now. Today was a rough day for him. In fact, "rough" is probably an understatement. I called the oncologist to let him know how bad Mike was feeling today... nausea, dizziness, and that killer headache is still hanging around. All of this plus he still isn't sleeping- not a good combo. The doctor wanted to see him and once he saw Mike, he realized how bad he felt. Long story short, he felt like the best thing for Mike is to hold off on the next shot and give Mike's body a week to rest. He will reevaluate next week and either go back to the two remaining full dose shots or move on to the half dose shots. He set Mike up with a bag of fluids again and some meds for his headache and the nausea through the IV. I'm so thankful the doctor was aggressive in treating Mike's symptoms today....my sweet husband is miserable and needs some relief.

Just wanted to share a portion of the beautiful song, "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns, that so many of you know. I've been listening to it over and over again lately because the words seem to bring me great comfort right now.

"Voice of Truth"  by Casting Crowns
....But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
    The Voice of Truth says "Do not be afraid."
    The Voice of Truth says "This is for my glory"
    Out of all the voices calling out to me
    I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

I know that Mike and I are feeling so many voices calling out to us right now. Voices of doubt, sadness, worry, "what-if's"....I'm so thankful I only have to listen to the Voice of Truth and can trust it completely and know that God is going to use this trial in our lives to bring Him glory. Thank you again for your generous prayers for my brave husband and our family.    -Dasha

No comments:

Post a Comment