I had already cancelled my flights to Houston for Monday, because there wasn't a chance I was going to go through with the 4th double treatment. By Sunday night I was miserable, and Dasha begged me to book flights to keep my appts at MD Anderson Monday morning. A late night call to Mindy to let her know, and 3X the cost to re-book the flights I had just cancelled 6 hours earlier, and I was watching a Supercross 2017 Preview show at midnight.
Made it to HOU easily, did blood work and waited to see Dr. Patel. Here is the recap.........
- I'm done with the double treatments. The nivo/ipi did it's job and jump started the Tcells.
- I might NOT do the nivo 2 year regiment, depending on what Dr. Ross says
- Dr. Patel is thrilled with the reduction in tumor sizes
- Next step was to email Dr. Ross's team (surgeon) and get back down for scans in Jan
- Then Dr. Ross will decide if he wants to do surgery or wait and watch