Monday, December 16, 2013

Here We Go Again!

Yeah yeah, it's been a year and a half since my last blog post, I can see that.  So I'm not as good as my dear friend, and blogging queen JA (Thumper for short) but I'm trying.

As many of you know, I went in for a quarterly surgical oncology check up a week ago.  After a sonogram showed a lump in my neck (same area as previous surgeries) that wasn't "behaving as it should" (glad to see all the med school lingo is paying off for my dr), he did a needle biopsy.  Well, if I'm posting on this blog again, you can guess that on Wednesday it came back positive for melanoma.  Terry at Dr. B's office scheduled a Friday morning appt with the Dr. B to put a plan in place, and ordered a PET scan and a brain MRI.   PET was done Thursday afternoon and the brain MRI Friday morning at 7:30 am.   The PET scan did show the lump in my neck, but thankfully was clear other than that, and the brain MRI came back all clear.

Dr. B set surgery for the next week (tomorrow) and we were off to meet with Dr. F at UT Southwestern.   Dr. F and his staff are awesome.   They had all my scans and test results from Terry and immediately had a plan.   I'm going to have surgery tomorrow at 8:00 am, and will meet with the radiology department on Wednesday morning (if I'm up for it).   Then the plan is after a couple of weeks of healing, start radiation.   I have a lot of questions about radiation as it wasn't an option just a couple of years ago, but I'm looking forward to asking those Wed morning.

So the schedule for the week is:

Tuesday  8:00 am surgery
Wednesday 10:00 meet with radiation team
Wednesday 9:00 watch Top Chef  
Thursday  watch Sopranos 
Friday   watch more Sopranos and Ultimate Survival Alaska

Last week was a very stressful week, but I'm thankful for Dasha, my family and our dear friends.   Dasha's parents are arriving at 6:00 am in the morning to help with the girls, and my parents have relieved a huge stress on us also.

Thank you for friends......each of you are dear to me and thank you most of all for your prayers.   They are felt and very much appreciated.

And yes JA, I promise to post about something, ANYTHING, in the next 18 months!!!!!!   Maybe I could be the Reality Steve of Top Chef!!!!!

Mike

(either I will or someone will update this blog this week, post surgery and post doctor's appointments)

No comments:

Post a Comment